Zip-Line Adventure in Faith

Journal entry after our zip-line adventure at Rincon de la Vieja when we were in Costa Rica.  



April 29. 2014

LORD,
Today I trusted men who speak a different language to harness me to a cable so I could soar into the air just to witness your handiwork. 

Today I realized what it feels like to free-fall into the grip of your grace. 

Exciting, fearful, wonderful!  A place of worship, awe. Trust

My first zip was a mixture of fear, anxiety. My mind swirling with doubts.

What if my harness is old, frayed, breaks? What if I am not secured properly to the zip line? What if I Fall? I will be mortally wounded...Will I fall and end up with a tree stuck through my body?? Will I survive?


Oh, GOD!! IF I FALL WILL YOU CATCH ME???

 Then I was gently pushed into the air...


My ears had heard of you
My lips had spoken of you
My mind has not understood you!
O Lord you are worthy!!
Mighty. Creative. Wonderful
Genius!!
All creatures of our God and king, praise the LORD.
I praise you!!!

I wanted to stop mid air... in the air between the platforms... and weep…

How much I appreciate the beauty of your creation and the opportunity to witness a minuscule speck of it! 

Once on the other side of the longest and fastest zip-line on this adventure, the sight, the sound, the beauty, the quiet, the contrast! We stepped off the platform for a moment or two to view the wonder of the mountainous ridge, covered in foliage, flowers, untouched by man’s desire to plow through and take over…The valley, the Mountains, the sky, to our left.  A family home and small garden and farm on the hill to our right.


I want to weep! Sob. Writhe on the ground in lava-ashes from the pain of not being able to fully praise, honor and exalt the magnitude of Your worth!

Woe to me. I am unclean.

  
Me and Mike. Costa Rica 2014


Oh, God, If I fall, will you catch me?

I realized, in the moment and later when I had time to process the day, that this question is at the heart of who I am and the heart of all who hear 
the call of God say, 
"Come, follow me."

 "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified... for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”
Deuteronomy 31:6 NIV



The Word. Worship. Prayer.
These are my Roots.





No comments:

Post a Comment