I Am...



Today I am joining in a Link Up with #TheLoft.
The Loft is the place for conversation, community, networking, and Christian growth.

This week's topic is...

I Am... 

I am many things and one thing all at the same time. 

I am (learning) to be a woman of grace that freely gives grace and this is no easy task on some days.

I am seeking to be a woman who knows God's Word and knows how to apply it to my everyday ordinary.  This is not done by accidental osmosis on Sunday mornings. But everyday  seeking the Lord in the Bible as often as I can to see what He would say to me in my NOW.

I am the wife of one #HunkyHubby named Mike Morris and we have been married for 25 years this September... Ahh... these have been the best of days and the worst of days, sometimes, but by far the most BLESSED than any other days I could have ever hoped for.  He is a great dad and supportive husband who likes it when all is well at home and there is peace and harmony inside the walls of our house and my heart.  






I am the mother of three amazing young men whom I LIKE and LOVE.  Our oldest is Cameron, a guitarist, Matthew, a drummer and Kyle, a pianist.  I told you we have harmony in our home!  Sometimes when relationships are not hitting at their best, the chords played out in harmony have the sweetest sound... and that brings us back to our common ground of Faith, Family and, of course Food around my table for Sunday lunch. And they LOVE my MOM JOKES!!! (a.k.a. they laugh at me not with me!!!)

I am blessed to be friends with some young women that our boys love. Alex and Olivia make me smile because they make my sons smile.  They are women who love the Lord and are actively seeking to know him more on their journeys.

I am a worship leader for my Pastor and Husband at our small church in rural Pelzer, South Carolina. I know, interesting, right??? We have had our moments, but have come to a great place in ministry together where we are able to use our combined gifts to bring Worship and The Word to the Community of Faith that we serve at Oak Pointe Church.


I am a woman who is humbled by a church family who displays God's Grace in so many ways.  When I need grace, they give.  When they need grace, they serve and seek and receive what God so freely gives.  Grace, Grace, God's Grace... the kind that pardons and forgives offenses and extends kindness in love and truth.  I love my church family.  They Love God and Love People.






I am a woman who likes to paint things.  Furniture, walls, stuff. I am not that professional and I make mistakes that I have to go back and redo...but I like it!  I like to dream, create, plan and pursue loveliness in our home and yard... just don't look too closely because I usually get distracted and fail to finish projects... Did I tell you my husband is patient?




I am woman who enjoys being outside in the early morning when the birds are just beginning their morning song.  That is the time when my mind is fresh and the day is promising and the Lord is near. Oh, How He Loves!

I like long walks on the beach. I love the sea and the sand... the vastness of God's beauty on the horizon of possibilities and the awareness that He is far greater than my mind can comprehend...


Oh! the Depths and the Riches of His Grace! Beautifully displayed in the great unknown of the oceans depths and the broadness of the sky.  

I am complex and simple at the same time.  
I am many things and one thing all at the same time. 
I am A Woman of God.  


To find out more about #TheLoft visit my friend Leah over @ The Pointe Ministries.

An InLinkz Link-up


Thanks for stopping by!








11 comments:

  1. Lovely to meet you! I also have a very patient husband who not only puts up with my foibles but also supports my dreams. I'm a better person because of him. Thank God for our husbands!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Asheritah, nice to meet you too! I am excited to participate in TheLoft and to learn more how to blog in a way that inspires and encourages! Blessings to you and your husband!

      Delete
  2. Okay, you got me when you said you are church planters. That is where our passion is too, and there's just something special about other church planters. I am so glad you linked up at The Loft! I'm looking forward to poking around your blog more this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arabah, thank you for your kindness! I am still new to blogging and I hope to learn and grow and be inspired by you and the others! Yep, we planted a church and we have a sweet loving family in the faith... God is faithful!

      Please stay in touch!

      Delete
  3. Nice to meet you, De Anna via the Loft.
    I love the beach too. In fact we've been trying to turn our beach visits into a permanent gig in life. ;) We are waiting on God an happy to do so, but still would love for it to happen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved reading this. The harmony in the home. (How I've wished for music makers in my home, because of that 'picture' of gathering around and singing together. What a gift!) and the part about laughing AT you. I so have been their entertainment, though it seems you are funny- and I am just gullible. I enable them to laugh at their own jokes. (we didn't have music, but we did have humor! {past tense =empty nest}

    I love painting too. So glad you are joining us at #TheLoft!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to meet you! You have a family of worshippers in your home, as do I. My oldest daughter and son are worship leaders in the house of prayer I belong to in California. My husband is a base player on the worship team, and my youngest daughter plays piano. Looking forward to getting to know you more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My friend, I'm so glad you joined us at The Loft. I loved reading your I Am post. I'm with you in the seeking to know God's Word better. The more I learn, the more I realize I have lots to learn. Bless you, DeAnna.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice to meet you! I loved reading your post...that you both like and love your boys. :) That they love your mom jokes. :) I have three girls and they know...their mom and dad are pretty goofy. And yes, yes, yes to mornings outside with the birds and the Lord!!! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seeking grace, and needing to give it...and that it's hard to do sometimes...YES! I'm stopping by from The Loft. Loved reading through this and getting to know you a little better. My parents were church planters when they were overseas (when I was much younger!) Hope to see you again next week at The Loft!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello De Anna, your life sounds so sweet and blessed. Small town, walks by the sea, sunsets, birds in the morning, ahhhhh! And I think all of us women could agree on that one thing, we are simple but complex, so my husband says ;)

    ReplyDelete