Bitterness Blames

This is an updated version of a previous post.  These words came from an encounter with a  loved one that was more horrendous than I could have imagined in my lifetime; an unexpected manifestation of something dark and plaguing our family tree for generations.  

This was an encounter that left me shaking, my long-time fear of never being loved by this person invaded my mind, heart, seared my soul and sliced through my spirit.  I wept violently for what seemed hours, days.  My days and nights filed with pleading for the salvation for deliverance that comes from avoiding Truth and embracing Deception.

Vile and vicious words had been delivered to me from one that claims to know Christ, but in the moment there was such darkness and a countenance that was filled with hatred and loathing. I felt I was looking at something serpentine and slithery instead of the face of the one I have longed to love and be loved without fear of judicious discipline and rejection.

It was the worst thing I have ever experienced in the visible, real, see-it with-my-own-eyes spiritual warfare.  


God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all[b] sin.  ~1 John 1:6-7
16 This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters. ~1 John 3:16
Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates a brother or sister[b] is still in the darkness. 10 Anyone who loves their brother and sister[c] lives in the light, and there is nothing in them to make them stumble. 11 But anyone who hates a brother or sister is in the darkness and walks around in the darkness. They do not know where they are going, because the darkness has blinded them. ~1 John 2:9-11
Internet Photo

February 2015
Bitterness... a root that is seemingly covered until the rains of life erode the covering of dirt to reveal the entangled mess and web of life that is no longer fruitful, sweet and healthy.

Bitterness has lived in my family tree and has sought to entangle me since my childhood...reaching out, emotionally manipulative in it's efforts to draw me in, pull me under it's hypnotic glare. 


But I have made a choice. 
My Roots are The Word, Worship and Prayer.  


The Family Root of Bitterness has been enraged and is now on the attack. 

Bitterness really only attacks its host.  

But it will lash and  slither out with Resentment, Un-forgiveness, The Silent Treatment, Broken Relationships, Sourness of Soul and Death to Health and Wellness.  

Bitterness Blames and has two best friends named 
Pride and Un-forgiveness.  

They hold hands and promote their lies of Shame and Turmoil of Truth Twisting- ever reaching beyond the seed of Hurt that was never meant to take root in a Christ Follower's soul.

Spiritual Warfare at it's finest.  Biting and devouring others in the Family of Faith as well as anyone who would dare to challenge the strength of the entangled root system that's been cultivated for years, decades, generations even- in the life of one who has eyes to see and ears to hear yet for  the sake of Pride and Un-Forgiveness remains blind and deaf to Heaven's Truth...



Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord.  See to it that no one falls short of the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many.
Hebrews 12:14-15 


Peace cultivates Holliness and Grace. Peace makes every effort. EVERY. EFFORT.

Without Holiness, others do not see the LORD in our lives. 

See to it.  Be on guard. Let no one fall short of the GRACE of God over bitterness.

Bitterness deifles many.

Grace is Bitterness' enemy...and solution to health, healing and wellness of soul mind and body.


The Apostle Paul reminds us that we are not dealing with, wrestling with, flesh and blood, but against powers, principalities and spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.  (Ephesians 6)

When it feels like Flesh and Blood, however, what do you do? When an evil spirit has been allowed to sit, simmer and now rage? What does one do? 

We fast and pray. We make every effort to seek Peace.  
Peace is a Person.  
Peace is Jesus.



"When I am afraid, I will put my 
confidence in you. Yes. 
I will trust in the promises of God. 
And when I am trusting Him, 
what can mere mortals do to me?
Ps 56:3-4




Bitterness will not devour me.  

  
He gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says:“God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.”Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.~James 4:6-10 



The LORD is our Peace.   



2 comments:

  1. How do you chop down the mighty oak of bitterness that has grown so long that you didn't realize the oak tree was there until it shaded every part of your life??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really Good Question!!! All day I have meditated on the Word from
      Isaiah 61:1-11. I believe God desires us to develop and nurture New Roots based on His Truth and not what has been planted by our misguided version of the truth or from our culture or from our own family tree. For me TRUST is key. Trusting Him to Heal, Restore, Renew and Deliver... me. I cannot change anyone but myself with the help of the Lord.
      Blessings to you.

      Delete