Only by Grace Part 2

This past Sunday, my hunky hubby preached from Galatians 2.  Paul had much to talk about here, but the main thing that stands out to me is that Paul and the other leaders of the early church were concerned with the poor and needy.


 All they asked was that we should continue to remember the poor,
the very thing I was eager to do.'
Galatians 2:10


This causes me to wonder...

Do I remember the poor?  Am I eager to do so?

In our churches and communities there are opportunities every week to give and to collect and to serve those who are struggling to make ends meet, have fallen on hard times or are sick and cannot work.  Many churches have Food Banks or work with local organizations to help provide for those in need.  Our church has recently begun to support Woodmont United Care Ministry, a local food bank/assistance organization for those in our community.  But should providing for the needs of others stop in my community?





Woodmont United Care Association


Spreading Joy
 



Not for Sale
 

Compassion International





While I cannot give and serve in every area of ministry that calls for help,
I can do something.

Give Locally.  Look Beyond. Go Global.


The Word. Worship. Prayer.
These are my Roots.







No comments:

Post a Comment