Summer Rain

There is nothing like a nice, steady, slow soaking rain in the summer time.  The way the clouds and rain bring about a shift in the air that makes the heat and humidity seem far away for a brief few moments. 

It is in those few moments that simple pleasures and priceless treasures can be embraced, if we will see them for what they are...

A good cup of bold blend with some cream.  A covered porch. A rocking chair.  A dog named Emma.

Children playing next door out in the rain.  Laughter.  Conversation with my son about stuff and nothing. 

Today is Sunday.  We worshiped.  We prayed.  A family meal was shared. A coma was embraced on the couch...then a quiet time of reflection...

Out on the porch.  Soft rain falling.  Sweetness in the air.  Refreshment and Rest in my soul. 

Isaiah 65
22 For as the days of a tree, so will be the days of my people; my chosen ones will long enjoy the works of their hands. 23 They will not toil in vain or bear children doomed to misfortune;
for they will be a people blessed by the LORD, they and their descendants with them.
24 Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment