The Armor of God [week 3]



Righteousness is right living.  

That sentence makes me squirm a little. I think because I know just how much I get wrong on any given day. And sometimes my  heart wants to make decisions based on how strongly I feel about something... This is when guarding our heart must be priority.  



"walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called,  with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love" ~Ephesians 4:1-2

Right living is good, right?  Why is it so hard?  

Maybe because we miss the goal of having our hearts changed instead of just our behaviors.

In this week's study of the Breastplate of Righteousness, Priscilla expands on the topic of Righteousness and how to navigate right living.

She explains that there are four types of righteousness

1)  Perfect Righteousness - 
     Perfect Righteousness discourages you.

2)  Comparative Righteousness-
     Comparative Righteousness deceives you.

3)  Imputed Righteousness- 
     Imputed Righteousness defines you and declares you    
     innocent before all accusers.

4)  Practical Righteousness
     The practice of putting off old ways of living and putting on 
      new ways of living as we understand the Word of God in 
      our lives.

Whew... I don't know about you, but this frees me up when it comes to living under grace and seeking to live a life worthy of the calling Jesus Christ gives.  I don't have to compare to others or try to be perfect like God... I just simply need to do what God's Word says... put off the old and put on the new.


"I know it doesn't often feel this way, but your new self is the righteous nature and very holiness of God (imputed righteousness).  That 's the real you.  At your core, you are pulsing with new life of Christ.  And guess what?  "The fruit of the light results in all goodness, righteousness and truth (Eph 5:9 HCSB)"

Jesus Christ is my Righteousness. Out of love for Him, I will do what He tells me.

God is not out for behavior modification.  Anyone can start new habits.  What He is after is a Heart that is Transformed by His Word of Truth.

Again, I am reminded that there is a three step process to this kind of transformation.  






No comments:

Post a Comment