Armor of God [Week 6]

The Armor of God Bible Study
Week 6 The Helmet of Salvation

Let’s talk Helmet Head today, shall we?

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will~Romans 12:2

There is no better way to say it…Our minds are the Battlefield of our lives.

It has been amazing to me how much I can know the Word of God, but if I do not saturate my mind with it, then I fall into mind field traps of negative thinking that is directly contradictory to what God says about me.

Here are a few of the mental replays that I battle 
every single day:

Am I really loved? Does anyone really love me?
I can’t do anything right.
I am a failure, fat, ugly, older than I want to be
Worthless.  Unequipped.  Uneducated.
Who cares anyway?

You too? 

None of the above thoughts reflect the Truth about what God says about us.  That is why we MUST keep our minds focused and refocused on the Word of God and His Truth about us. 

The battle rages over and in our minds.  The Enemy loves a good "Doubt God" game. 

Ephesians 6: 17 says we are to TAKE the Helmet of Salvation.  Meaning to receive, take hold of, to embrace, to give ear to…


 


What we allow into our hearts and minds will make or break us.  Be careful little eyes what you see, little ears what you hear…





When my boys were very young and I “made” them listen to Christian radio all the time and was protective of what they watched and listened to.  They didn’t understand why we had a set of rules that their friends did not.  I tried to explain how what we let into our minds matters because thoughts can get stuck there.  They simply did not understand.

Until one day, when in the car, one of the boys began to sing the jingle to a TV commercial.  I asked this boy of mine why he was singing that song.  His response: “I don’t know… it was just in my head.” 

ALERT:  Teaching moment!!!

I asked if he had planned to learn and memorize that song, why was that song in his mind and he could not explain.  
So I explained to him how what we listen to and allow into our minds could get stuck even if we do not want them to. 


When we are careful what we allow into our minds, when we saturate our minds with the Word of God and the thoughts of God about us, we are protected from the mind games of the Enemy.  It is a constant, daily, moment by moment embracing of Truth. 

Priscilla Shirer has created a list of statements that we can embrace, take up, receive and embrace.  You can find a list here.



So go ahead.. Be a Helmet Head today!




No comments:

Post a Comment