It's Supposed to be SPRING

It is supposed to be SPRING!! and I have a long list of things I need to do outside!! But it is too cold to be out doing them.  I feel restless, a little despondent and don't know what to do with myself.

Other than the list of SPRING CLEANING I could do inside, I opted for a more relaxed and unexpected day of PAINTING small projects.

A friend of mine is getting married in the early summer and had asked me to help paint her chalk board frames.  So I decided to get those done and finished and ready for pretty days outside for other fun things like digging in the dirt, pulling weeds, and- my favorite- painting furniture!

While I was getting these chalk board frames all done, I remembered something I had seen in my most recent magazine from Ballard Designs.

What I did was go through the magazine and tear out all the things I was inspired by.  One item was a landscape with a price tag of $249.


I really liked the scene... so serene and lovely.  And the frame is beautiful too.  Simple. Elegant.

And then I remembered... I have a landscape painting that I could paint the frame and have an INSPIRED DESIGN .  I already have some left over paint from another project or two ago... hmmm.

So this is what I came up with.


I forgot to take a before picture, but this is  the painting minus the plain brown frame.  There is a story to this painting that I will share in another post.  


        Some left over paint...










The painting now fits perfectly in this spot that was bare and NEEDED something.  I am pretty pleased with the results.  AND this is an original painting by someone I love who has been gone for many years. I count it a treasure to have this piece.




No comments:

Post a Comment