Learning to Trust

It has been two years since I last blogged.  A long journey that I had almost given up on.  A journey through valleys and shadows and the death of some things.  


"I wonder what sort of a tale we’ve fallen into?”
“I wonder,” said Frodo. “But I don’t know. And that’s the way of a real tale. Take any one that you’re fond of. You may know, or guess, what kind of a tale it is, happy-ending or sad-ending, but the people in it don’t know. And you don’t want them to.” ~The Two Towers T.R.R. Tolkien

Just this past fall, when Mike and I were discussing me leaving a full time place of employment in order to be more actively involved in the mission and ministry of our local church, I admitted to him that I had/have some major TRUST Issues.  

The Lord had revealed this to me in my quiet time... tenderly, sweetly, lovingly.. in a way that spoke to my heart "De Anna, I know you.  I know when you rise and when you sit and I know the thoughts of your heart before you even know what they are...Trust Me."  


Exactly two years ago this date, I wrote about my insecurity and fear of Trust.  The core of who I thought I was had been dramatically shaken and I wasn't sure if I would make it through to the next mountain top with the Lord... the valley was long and dark. 

But I am now looking back to find that God has been-indeed-faithful.  I am learning to Breathe In His Grace, and to Breathe Out His Praise once again.

When I thought the Word that I had hidden in my heart had slipped away and I could no longer recall the hope of grace, He was there to remind me that I am His and He is mine.  

So.  It is time to MOVE ON and MOVE FORWARD and TRUST.  To get on with the Life that I have been called to lead.  


yet will I trust in Him

Job 13:15

This is a good time to RE-vamp and Update this little blog of mine... To dig around and see what God has been teaching me and to do what His word says...

Write down the revelation
    and make it plain on tablets
    so that a herald may run with it.
Habakkuk 2:2 NIV


Not sure that I have anything important to say, but God has impressed me to write about a topic. One I am still on discovery with and am prayerfully seeking His wisdom and knowledge.  


The Courageous Bride: When Trials Trouble and Adversity Comes, the Bride Will Maintain Her Integrity



So here's to discovering what Life Under the Oak Tree really means.  



Warning( to myself and to the reader ) 


Life is REAL and Life is Hard. 
But sometimes it is FUN and Silly.  

There is no telling what I may post.  I have lots of interests... Bible Study, Furniture Re Fab, Food, Family and Sunrises...we shall see.  Thanks for reading.  


The Word. Worship. Prayer.
These are my Roots.


1 comment: