Something happened this past weekend that almost... ALMOST... made me go on a trip in my mind.  The familiar trip of worrying and wondering if my friend thought me selfish, prideful, arrogant in any way... I feared she would, but then I had to dismiss the thought as coming from the one who tells lies and not the ONE who speaks TRUTH to my soul.

I had to tell myself, remind myself, that my actions, motives and desire to share had been pure and not self motivated in any way.  First I stopped to evaluate if the previous statement was, in fact, true, and I believe it was so.

I was attending the Pricilla Shirer Simulcast with several ladies from my community.  Preparing to hear God speak from the open pages of His Word and asking God to speak deeply in to my heart the Word for my NOW that He intends for me to Put to Work in my life, my friend realized she had forgotten her Bible.  So I gave her mine to read from. I had the You Version Bible App on my Kindle and my phone, so I was not without a copy of His Truth.

While I prefer to use the open pages before me when I study, I had brought these electronic devices just in case I wanted to look up a different translation of a scripture that would be shared.  I know... Over KILL, De Anna.  But I am a Bible Study Nerd.  There. I said it.  Not out of Pride or Holier than anyone... But because GOD's WORD has CHANGED MY LIFE!!! I have to have it.  Have to...

The day was going well, we were all looking at the Word and taking our own notes as the Lord was speaking to us individually.  Then it happened.

Pricilla had been teaching from 1 Kings 17... a GOOD and Timely Word for my NOW... when she asked us to turn to James 5:17-18.

I knew she was about to show us what James said about Elijah being a man, just like us, who prayed.  When Elijah prayed, God heard and BIG THINGS happened... because of his faith and trust in the ONE who is ABLE...

As we turned in our Bibles to James 5 (I switched screens on my Kindle), my friend noticed that JAMES was practically non-readable from my Bible because of notes and thoughts in very margin and previously clear space on the pages...

I was instantly insecure of what she would think... and the enemy began to immediately tell me that she thinks me prideful, self-righteous...

I had no idea that we would turn to James in our study time together this day.  I had no other motive for sharing my copy of the Bible than for my friend to have a copy in front of her and to hear from God.

Those statements of being prideful and self-righteous ARE true of me on any given day... but not this day.  I dismissed those thoughts and said to the LORD, "Thank You... You journeyed me through the book of James for the season that I was in"

... and the truth God taught me still rings in my heart today...


Just DO IT
Stop Complaining 
Be Patient


The Word. Worship. Prayer.
These are my Roots.



No comments:

Post a Comment