Hebrews a Better Blend_Meet the Author


For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.






One of my favorite- and least favorite- verses in the New Testament.  Favorite because God's Word is ALIVE and ACTIVE.  Least favorite because God's Word GETS IN MY BUSINESS!!! 
but that is also a good thing.



I also like a really good, smooth cup of coffee.  So, when my Facebook Friend, Leah Adams, announced that she was launching a new Bible Study this summer, I was interested.  

Little did I know how delightful it would be to interact with Leah and to read her study in order to review the content as plans are made to host this study in my community this fall.  


Before I introduce you to Leah, I want to tell you a little about her writing style. To read her insight into the Scriptures and personal stories is like having a long cup of coffee with your good friend that you haven't seen in a while-like you've known her so long, yet you've just met-like you want to hear everything she says, still she wants to listen to you too.


Leah is the kind of writer that will draw each seeker of Truth into a Friendship of Grace, one that embraces the reader and wraps her in the warmth of Jesus Christ who proves to be the Better Blend of Love, Hope, Rest, and Peace.


Meet the Author: Leah Adams


· Leah, I may have readers who have not met you online. What would you like for my readers to know about you? 

I am a North Georgia girl who loves Jesus—A LOT. I asked Jesus to come into my heart at the age of 15. Within a few years, I made some horrible moral choices that drew me away from Him. I spent the better part of my 20s walking far from Jesus, and God let me go my own way until I was sick of it. Then, just like the prodigal son’s father, God welcomed me back, and overwhelmed me with a desire for His Word and His presence. He made it clear that nothing I had done, no sin I had committed, changed how He felt about me. God loved me with a ridiculous love. He lavished grace on the heart of His daughter, and ultimately called me into ministry in 2007.


My passion is teaching God’s Word, and He allows me to do that through two avenues: speaking and writing.

What is the back story behind HeBrews?

I began writing HeBrews: A Better Blend purely out of obedience to the Lord. Several years prior to writing the study, I had done a pretty intense self-study of the book of Hebrews. It was my hope that the Lord might allow me to write something out of that time of study, but I wasn’t sure. Perhaps it had just been for my edification. In 2012, I sensed the Lord giving me the go-ahead to write a Bible study from the book of Hebrews. I’ve learned that when God says do something, the best response is ‘Yes sir’. So, write I did. I had no intention of publishing HeBrews, thinking it would just be an act of obedience, and perhaps a study that my Tuesday morning small group would do. God had other plans. When I was about halfway through the writing, my friend, Brooke, introduced me to the wonderful woman who is now my Editor at Warner Press. One thing led to another and before I knew it, God had opened the door for HeBrews to be published. It was totally a God-thing, and I often tell Him that this is His doings, and the responsibility is on Him to place HeBrews into the hands of the people who need to read it.



 Share with us a bit about your book.

HeBrews: A Better Blend is an eight-week Bible study that takes the student through the entire book of Hebrews. The Old Testament constructs that were so important to the Israelites, i.e. Old Testament tabernacle, priest, sacrifice, and covenant, are examined alongside the New Testament parallels that we find in Jesus.


Jesus was the BETTER priest, administering a BETTER covenant, offering a BETTER sacrifice, and ultimately bringing us into a BETTER tabernacle. 

There are five days of homework each week, and most days the student studies from both the Old and New Testaments. HeBrews: A Better Blend can be done by individuals, and in group settings. At the beginning of each week of study, I offer a dessert recipe taken from my collection, or from the collections of some of my friends and family. Dessert definitely makes Bible study richer. No pun intended!

 Why should someone read HeBrews: A Better Blend?

What does it offer them personally? The study of Scripture, God’s Love Letter to humankind, is as important to me as taking my next breath. Without it, I would be right back in the ditch of sin that I crawled out of 20 years ago. HeBrews: A Better Blend offers the reader a guided study of the book of Hebrews, as well as opportunities to apply faith principles to their own life, and grow in their faith in Jesus Christ.

· How can my readers find you? Blog? Social media? 

They can find me at my website and blog, The Point, at http://www.leahadams.org. I am also on several social media platforms: 

Facebook Ministry page 
HeBrews Facebook page 
Twitter 
Pinterest

 · When and where will HeBrews: A Better Blend be available to the public? The release date for the Bible study is July 1st. It should be available at major e-tailers, as well as Christian bookstores.

 · What final thoughts would you like to share with my readers? I want to encourage your readers to fix their eyes on Jesus. My prayer is that they will raise their eyes above the horizon of their circumstances (good or bad), and look to Jesus for their strength and hope. He is everything we need. EVERYTHING! Developing an intimate relationship with Jesus will not happen accidently. It requires intentionality, perseverance, and lots of time allowing Scripture to speak to the heart. Once a heart gets a taste of walking in intimacy with Christ, there is no going back. I want that for your readers, because I know what a thrill it is to me.

I hope you will join me for this new study by Leah Adams.  Plan to purchase your copy of the study at her website or via Warner Press or Amazon

1 comment:

  1. My friend, thank you so much for your kind words. I hope we can meet face-to-face very soon. Thank you for all you have done to help me sound the message of HeBrews. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete