Announcing FREEDOM




Well, I made it!! Dressember was a great month! 

While I did not get a picture uploaded every day, I was able to wear a dress everyday this month to show my support and bring attention and awareness to the issue of #SexTrafficking.  

Many of you have asked me what it's all about... 

and THAT is why I participated in this cause!  

To make you ask questions about #ModernDaySlavery.  


While "getting dressed" each day, I thought about women and little girls (and yes little boys too) who are trafficked each day/year and are held in captivity by those who are money hungry, evil and dark. I cannot imagine the horrors that these precious souls have suffered and continue to suffer. 

I set myself a goal to donate $31 ($1/day) for the month as I was able to wear a dress each day.  That amount does not seem like much... 
Little is Much When God is In It. *



Did you know???

An estimated 27 Million are held in bondage around the globe 
(YES even in the USA!!) 
Only 1-2% of victims are ever rescued
The Average AGE of a trafficking victim is 12 years old... 
Info via A21 Campaign



I am not sure what I will do or how I will continue to be involved in this issue of social justice.  
But I do know that I am praying and will do what God places in front of me. 

As I said... Little is MUCH when God is in it... 
and His Word clearly tells us that we were meant to be FREE.  



You can find out more about Human Trafficking on the internet, but here are a few resources you may find helpful as you seek to be a part of the #FreedomMovement in our generation.


A21 Campaign

End It

International Justice Mission


Not For Sale

I am believing God to Set the Captives Free!! AND I am believing that my effort, though small, will be honored in His sight. Will you join me??


*If you would like to give toward this cause, you can follow my Dressember link and make your tax-deductible donation directly to the International Justice Mission.  Money will not be directed to me in any way, but directly to the support of Rescue, and Recovery of the Victims as well as Prosecution of the Offenders.
Only if you feel led. 

Isaiah 61:1-3 The Message



  The Spirit of God, the Master, is on me
    because God anointed me.
He sent me to preach good news to the poor,
    heal the heartbroken,
Announce freedom to all captives,
    pardon all prisoners.
God sent me to announce the year of his grace—
    a celebration of God’s destruction of our enemies—
    and to comfort all who mourn,
To care for the needs of all who mourn in Zion,
    give them bouquets of roses instead of ashes,
Messages of joy instead of news of doom,
    a praising heart instead of a languid spirit.
Rename them “Oaks of Righteousness”
    planted by God to display his glory


The Word. Worship. Prayer.
These are my Roots.

No comments:

Post a Comment