The Wind and the Spirit




The Wind blows things, 
causes them to move.
Sometimes gently, sometimes with FORCE.

The Wind causes seasons of rain, snow, warmth-
blowing in the next weather pattern
for a particular day, week, season.

The Wind cannot be seen, but it's effects are felt- 
subtly, gently, powerfully.
Affecting more that we see with the naked eye.

It cannot be tamed.


This is true of the Holy Spirt at work in the life of a believer, a group, a body of believers.  The sound of a mighty rushing wind. It is a sound that, more often than not, is unheard with our natural ears, only to those with ears to hear... a wind that brings change, refreshment, discomfort, upheaval, transition, multiplication within the Body of Christ.  Soul stirring, life changing, challenging.  Needed and necessary if we are to grow and to mature in our journey with the Savior, Jesus Christ.


This past week, feeling sluggish in my spirit, I went for a walk in my neighborhood.  Ear buds in, listening to music to uplift and encourage my soul.

I landed on the song Oceans (Where Feel May Fail) by Hillsong.

I listened to this one song over and over and over as I walked and made my way back home under a sky that was darkening by the moment, feeling the wind pick up and turn the humid air into refreshing air with a promise of soon coming rain.


"Rain on my Soul, Lord.  I am weak and frail.  
Rain. Reign. Reign, O God!"


I made my way to my front porch with hopes to watch the rain coming down from its shelter...

Then the wind gusted and I feared that the limbs from the trees in my yard might break and come flying after me...my imagination running wild at the thought... so I fled inside.

"...fear surrounds me"

Inside, I felt confined and wanted desperately to SEE what the sky was unfolding so I made a choice. I chose to go out on the deck and look up into the sky.


                                    "You've never failed and You won't start now"


Looking up into the dark, swirling clouds threatening to pour at a moment, wind blowing the tree tops wildly about, I stood.  
Arms wide open. Voice Lifted.



"And I will call upon your name.
And keep my eyes above...

My soul will rest in your embrace..."


The Wind cannot be seen, but it's effects are felt- 
subtly, gently, powerfully-
affecting more that we see with the naked eye.

It cannot be tamed.



"Spirit Lead me where my TRUST is without borders"



The Word. Worship. Prayer.  
These are my Roots.


No comments:

Post a Comment