Feeble Attempts at DIY


This is a random post at best... I am not really heading in a direction of being a DIY blogger type, but I do LOVE me some DIY!! and I have begun following EVERYTHING on Pintrest!!! uh-huh...you are too, don't look at me that way! AND I really LOVE making our house a home.

When we first started our marriage together and the kids began coming, Mike and I decided that we wanted our house to be a place of peace and welcome.  Our decorating budget has been practically a laughing nonexistent one, so much of what we do (translated I do and he helps!) has been on a shoestring budget and our design qualifications fit literally on a dime!

But this is just me and you are just you, so let's get to know each other a  little better.  It's what friends do... practice hospitality to family friends and friends we've yet to meet!

Most recently, I have discovered Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. 
You too? I have a Facebook Friend, Debra Weaver, who posts the most beautiful furniture up-dos you have ever seen.  While I have yet to meet Debra in person, we are really close!!! I shop for paint at her store Vintage Now Modern.



I thought I would share some of my recent projects with you 

From my house to yours!  Enjoy!




Our "been in the family" farmhouse table got a coat of ASCP Graphite on the legs.  LOVE IT!


















On old lamp that used to be gold toned was freshened up with ASCP Emperor's Silk. 

LOVE LOVE it!







And for our mantel I used some spray paint on an old picture frame to give the space a pop of color.  Then my friend 
Mc Kinley helped me with the SNOW banner.  I know, super cute! right!!!  






I post my DIY pics over on Instagram. Feel free to follow along and participate in the randomness of my home decorating skills.  You are Welcome!






No comments:

Post a Comment