{Mentoring} A Link Up with The Loft






My sweet Grandmother from December 2014 just before her 92nd birthday.  She has mentored me in ways I have only just begun to realize now that I am older and she is declining in health.  

Notice the hummingbird pin she had just given me... she loves hummingbirds and she loves me, too.





Every one of us is on a journey and we are either farther along the Faith Walk than someone else, or someone in our life is farther along than we are.  

Just as Jesus went about His Father's business in a non-hurried, lifestyle, come as you are approach, I believe mentoring should be the same.

I am very thankful for women in my life who have mentored me along the way.  These women did so without frills, checklists, or a "how to" booklet.  They simply have been leaders in my life by their own example of Faith Walking.  

My grandmother was a woman who mentored... in her own way.  She let me "help" her in the kitchen when baking cakes and cookies, she let me set the Sunday Lunch table with her fine china and silverware.  She spanked me if I needed it and wasn't afraid to tell on me if I had misbehaved in any way.  She made me clothes and afghans from her skilled fingers.  I didn't realize how much I was taking for granted when I was a small child and young woman with the gift of my grandmother.  

She was spunky, feisty at times and sometimes ornery...(speaking the truth in love here...) But she loved as best she could from the resources of love she had within her.  If I could go back in time, I would speak more words of appreciation to her for her love for me and others. 

Flawed that she was (who isn't?)... she did the best she could to be loving and kind and to serve others.  

I am linking up with friends over at The Loft... will you stop over and see what others are saying about Mentoring?  You will be blessed!



The Loft




No comments:

Post a Comment